[geeks] timesheet and invoicing software

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Sat Feb 25 20:01:14 CST 2006

> So, while the exact story may not be true, it certainly has happened,
> even the part about making a payment to get around the error.
>
> It's all just stupid accounting errors, or inflexible software, along
> with mindless droids that accept whatever the computer says.

I think in the case of my professor, the story pointed out that writing
your programs correctly the first time is better because it is more
complicated to correct the problem after the program is in production.
Whether it did happen to him or not, the message was "delivered".  Of
course, the story was amusing because it did point out the whole
"computer cult" where the machine is always correct.

Bob