[geeks] I need an HTML to PDF converter

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Wed Feb 22 10:29:33 CST 2006

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 08:22:59AM -0800, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
> Michael "No 's' at the end of my name" Parson says ...

Hehe

<snip>

> So, if we have to test, I'll get with you about it.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> -Shel "One 'L' here" Hall "Two here, just to keep you on your toes"
>
> PS:  I assume you know the story about Mr. Caspar Milquetoast, the
> mild-mannered society figure, whose name was spelled "Casper" in a
> newspaper story about one of his parties.  He wrote to the editor,
> complimenting the paper on its coverage of the event, and ended with
> "By the way, my family has always spelled my name 'Caspar,' but my
> relatives are notoriously poor spellers."

Nope, new one for me.  I'm used to people mis-spelling and
mis-pronouncing my name.  Been happening all my life.  'Parsons' is the
most common, given that I think there are more out there with the 's'
than w/o.  I've been called Parsons, Person, Pierson, Persons, Carson
(more common back in the 70s and 80s), plus a few more I'm sure I've
forgotten.  My ex-wife, whose maiden name was abused more than mine,
thought those days were over for her, 'Parson' seemed like such a simple
name to get right.

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org