[geeks] DTS or AC3 test video?

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Feb 21 14:18:48 CST 2006

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 03:03:34PM -0500, Dan Sikorski wrote:

> How about just picking up Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" on SACD?
> The beginning of "Time" strikes me as a perfect example of well mixed 5
> channel audio.  Actually, that whole album is very good in 5 channel.  I
> can't think of any DVD-Audio titles to use off of the top of my head
> though.  (SACD requires a DVD player that will play them, i think that
> many of them now do, but DVD-Audio plays on almost every DVD player i've
> seen.)

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look for it, but I doubt that I would have
any success.

I don't think it's available here. There isn't much call for SACDs at
the "all CD's 10 NIS ($2)" stores. :-( Tower records would be the only
one that would, if anyone.

I'm reluctant to get it because it would awaken memories of a summer
afternoon, a blonde, and things that I'd rather let lie dormant almost
30 years later, especially since I am married to someone else. :-)

Geoff.
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838