[geeks] DTS or AC3 test video?

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Tue Feb 21 14:03:34 CST 2006

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

>Hi, I'm trying to set up a surround sound system and need something to
>test it. I am looking for something I can download and burn to a DVD or
>CD (I want audio, don't need video).
>
>The short demo at the begining of a THX movie is sort of what I want,
>but I would like something longer.

How about just picking up Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" on SACD?
The beginning of "Time" strikes me as a perfect example of well mixed 5
channel audio.  Actually, that whole album is very good in 5 channel.  I
can't think of any DVD-Audio titles to use off of the top of my head
though.  (SACD requires a DVD player that will play them, i think that
many of them now do, but DVD-Audio plays on almost every DVD player i've
seen.)

    -Dan