[geeks] Printers, postscript, networking...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Apr 25 15:43:40 CDT 2006

Tue, 25 Apr 2006 @ 12:09 -0500, Lionel Peterson said:

> I have a LaserJet 2600n (low-cost laserjet w/network print server
> pre-installed, priced at $275-300). It includes Postscript, but as I
> understand it, it relies on a "host" PC for the Postscript emulation -
> that's an impression, not a fact (I've jsut got the printer, and it is
> used by a PC, so never really cared).

I belie e the little HP 1020 uses a host engine to print, even for PCL I
believe. I think its a dumb raster printer otherwise.

> I have other HPs with actual hardware postscript (HP LJ4M+, HP LJ4MV,
> HP LJ2100TN).

Yeah, I could deal with one of those if I could find a decent one for a good
print, and it was a little smaller.

The 1320 seems a good deal though. PCL 6 and you can get toner costs down to
about 1.5 cents per page.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["An Irishman is never drunk as long as he
can hold onto one blade of grass and not fall off the face of the earth."]