[geeks] A new Assualt on Net Freedom

Sun Apr 23 21:54:11 CDT 2006

> As I read it, "we can block anyone we want and there is nothing you
> can do about it".

And this differs from other places...how, exactly?

As far as I can see, the only difference is that they are telling you
so.  Most places just don't bother to mention it.

Seriously.

If you think this is new, you're wrong.

If you think this is bad, well, that's a value judgement, so I can't
call it wrong as a question of fact, but I think it's wrong; an ISP is
under no obligation to non-customers, particularly not about a matter
as central as what traffic to accept.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca