[geeks] Printers, postscript, networking...

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Thu Apr 20 12:42:15 CDT 2006

Nate askes about buying heap laser printer and/or color injet for
pictures. I just went through this, and ended up with a Canon 4200 (I
think).

   A friend sells printers/copiers/etc., and he shared his feelings
about printers; I mixed in my pre-press experience; and then I smothered
it all in my wife's sharp sense of finance (i.e., "cheapness"), and
ended up buying this duplexing inkjet that uses five or six ink carts.

   For higher-quality pictures, I send my stuff to winkflash.com:
99-cent shipping, fast turn-around, decent online tools, AND NO
AUTOMATIC COLOR-MANGLING like C-V-freakin'-S).

  *ahem*

-wde
--
Will Enestvedt