[geeks] Is this true? (long life LCD monitors)

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Apr 15 21:30:27 CDT 2006

On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 05:20:34AM +0300, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> Compare that to $150 that a friend paid to get a "discount" bulb on eBay
> for his DLP TV and had to pay an equal amount to get it installed.
> And yes, he IS a rocket scientist.

That's why we went with a 42" plasma as our christmas present to ourselves
instead of DLP (lightbulb expense replacement cost), LCD (backlight burnout),
or rear-projection (size, burn-in issues worse than any w/plasma).

We're really happy so far.  It was $1499, but will last us until we're
ready to move to the next technology that comes out.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas