[geeks] Authenticating Solaris 9 from AD

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Tue Sep 27 16:32:54 CDT 2005

geeks at litfire.com wrote:
> I'm looking into authenticating Solaris 9 users against an AD box we'd put
> into a colo.  From the looks of what I've Googled, there's either a mix of
> roll-your-own with OpenLDAP, Samba, Windows Services for UNIX, and
> shipped-with-Solaris bits, or Vintela's Vintela Authentication Services.
> I've seen some mentions that Win2003R2 will be better, but it seems like
> that's mostly a matter of SFU being integrated into 2003R2.
>

> I'm downloading the R2 RC0 trial version to play, but I was wondering if
> anyone had advice.

We're using Vintela at day_job - AD domain, perhaps 30 Sun servers, Sol
9.  It works, but the senior sysadmin sweated some making it all happen.
  Can't provide details about _how_ he did it - given the limited size
of the Solaris net he buckled down and just worked on it for a week or
so and 'made it happen'.

--
Brian Dunbar
System Administrator

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

Remember.
But move forward, too. Light a candle, yes. But also drive a rivet.
~Lileks