[geeks] Recommendation for RJ45 crimper tool?

Steve Haavik shaavik at soc.lib.md.us
Wed Sep 14 06:21:29 CDT 2005

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, Michael Parson wrote:

> paid about $45 for mine from a local shop, but some days, I've wished
> I'd gotten the nicer AMP set for ~$80.  But mine works fine for the

I've still got one of the nice AMP crimpers from 10 years ago. The problem
I have with it is the connectors are just a little different (crimps in 2
places) and I can't use the cheap connectors my employer is willing to
buy. I've got one for work that does RJ11 and RJ45 that I've worn out to
the point where I can't cut wire with it (built in cutters/strippers) but
it still crimps fine after 5 years and a few thousand cables. No idea who
made it (just says made in Taiwan) and I remember it coming in a plain
white box.