[geeks] Anybody having FIOS yet?

Jeff Cole jeff at flambe.org
Tue Oct 25 14:48:16 CDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 11:52:19AM -0400, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> Jeff Cole wrote:
> > Yeah. Looks to be around that time for me too. Currently, my only
> > broadband options are Wireless. Adelphia and Dan Ryan builders are at an
> > impasse, and despite the fact that VZ has copper pairs within a very
> > close proximity to me, the actual CO is a ways away, so, no DSL for me.
> > I'm saving my pennies so I can pay the $300 fee for install and site
> > survey.
>
> Where do you live?

Martinsburg, WV in a new housing development. Apparently, Dan Ryan (the
housing builder) had a trench for Adelphia to lay their cable. However,
at some point, the trench was paved over, and Adelphia won't do anything
until the trench is re-dug. Chances of that happening in the near
future? Slim to none. DirecTV is doing a brisk business in our community
:)