[geeks] Solaris PERL and OpenSSL compiled with the same compiler?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Oct 20 12:48:28 CDT 2005

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005, Ido Dubrawsky wrote:

> "Good. Both OpenSSL and perl seem to have been compiled with the same
> compiler."
>
> Which I found to be very interesting since I built that OpenSSL with
> GCC 3.3 after installing Solaris (and I'm using the stock Solaris perl
> install).  Any- one else seen this?

Perhaps it's a heuristic test for that really nasty register-packing bug
that GCC exhibited on some 64-bit architectures for nearly a decade,
and, upon not finding a problem, declared that they must've been
compiled with the same compiler.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "We know more about security than anyone else in
Elgin, TX          (    the world."      --Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO