[geeks] DSL and a second phone line

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Oct 13 18:42:48 CDT 2005

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 01:36:21AM +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
Two notes, I left out:

> When I called BEZEQ for service they came out. At the time I had a frame
> relay line going down to the office. Voice lines are wired on the two middle
> wires (3&4) of a phone jack, frame relay lines on the outside two (1&6).

I think this is only in Israel. For some crazy reason BEZEQ (The Phone
Company) uses Brittish Telecom style plugs with U.S. style wiring.

> Not hearing any tone on the voice part of the line, and not bothering to
> read the "kav f/r" and a line number on the jack, he disconnected the
> frame relay line and connected the voice line to it.

Kav is Hebrew for line. What was written was KV (in Hebrew) and F/R in
latin letters. Except for religeous purposes, numbers are all written
using arabic (regular) numerals, left to right.

Geoff.
IL Voice: (077)-424-1667  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Support the growing boycott of Google by radio users and hobbyists.
It's starting to work, Yahoo has surpassed Google.