[geeks] Education

Caleb Shay calebshay at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 09:44:47 CDT 2005

On 10/1/05, wa2egp at att.net <wa2egp at att.net> wrote:

> > But should homework scores impact final grades if the student gets a
> > perfect score on all the tests? That was always my problem.
> >
> > Peace... Sridhar
>
> If the student doesn't do, it should!
>
> Bob

Are you serious? I graduated highschool, though by their own rules I
shouldn't have. I flatly refused to do homework all through highschool
because I didn't see the point in repeatedly doing something I already knew.
Because I never did my homework I have 4 years of D's and F's, but I was
still allowed to graduate. Why? The staff decided they couldn't really
justify holding me back since I got A's on every single test, midterm, and
final exam. I obviously had learned the material, but the grading system
didn't reflect that since so much of our grade was based on our homework.

Caleb