[geeks] [rescue] Video card request

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Nov 29 22:27:40 CST 2005

Mon, 28 Nov 2005 @ 10:09 -0600, Phil Brutsche said:

> Phil Stracchino wrote:
> > There's also a good chance I won't buy Halo 2 when it comes out,
> > despite how much I liked Halo, because it was such a bloody battle
> > getting Halo to work.
>
> And people wonder why I have lost interest in PC games.  I want to
> *play* them, not take on a full-time job keeping track of what I need to
> to to make them work!
>
> All I can say is...
>
> Halo (both of 'em) Just Worked in my Xbox and will Just Work when I get
> my Xbox 360 ;)

I've never been much of a console fan.

I hate the limits of the controller, and don't like closed systems.

I like how PC games get extensively modded too, and certain kinds of
games either suck on console, or will simply never be written for them.

In my ideal works I have a gaming PC and a good console so I don't have
to use an important machine for games.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Consulting wouldn't be what it is today
without Microsoft Windows" -- Chris Pinkham]