[geeks] Quicktime 7 Pro missing stuff?

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Thu Nov 24 10:00:44 CST 2005

On Nov 24, 2005, at 1:51 AM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 07:56:12PM -0600, Mike Hebel wrote:
>> Is anybody able to open a .mov file and export it to something else
>> with
>> Quicktime 7 Pro?  I can't seem to even be able to get the Export menu
>> appear when I have .mov file open.  It works with other formats but it
>> doesn't seem to work with actual Quicktime file.
>
> Some QT files have DRM that prevents you from exporting/saving.

This.  Blows. Chunks.

I mean how many things are made from clips of commercial sources?
It's not like I can't find a tool to remove that stuff but I shouldn't
have to do that if I'm paying for a product that is in essence a
production tool.

Mike Hebel
----
I was dreaming Rem. Everything was so horribly dry, there on that
planet, even people's hearts. As I watched the people who lived there
from far away, I kept wondering why they went on living, how they kept
on living. Rem, listen to me Rem. I did a bad thing. I did a bad thing.
Tell me? What should I do? - Vash