[geeks] HP announces EOL for AlphaServer systems

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 09:00:20 CST 2005

David Cummings wrote:
> yeah, the crappy thing is that the uninformed will never know the
> difference. Lenovo retains IBM logo/branding rights for 5 yr, I think,
> and it's practically impossible to tell on the web right now 'cuz the
> IBM/Lenovo sites are so intermingled. basically, end-user = lenovo,
> server+ = ibm. (me wants POWER5+...)

Not completely.  The Intellistation series (high-end PC's as graphics
workstations) is still made by IBM.

Even the current Lenovo stuff is still being designed and manufactured
by exactly the same people sitting at the same IBM sites.  There hasn't
been enough time to break them out yet.  They just switched hats.

Peace...  Sridhar