[geeks] HP announces EOL for AlphaServer systems

David Cummings real.psyence at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 19:53:46 CST 2005

yeah, the crappy thing is that the uninformed will never know the
difference. Lenovo retains IBM logo/branding rights for 5 yr, I think,
and it's practically impossible to tell on the web right now 'cuz the
IBM/Lenovo sites are so intermingled. basically, end-user = lenovo,
server+ = ibm. (me wants POWER5+...)

On 11/9/05, Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> Wed, 09 Nov 2005 @ 14:01 +0000, wa2egp at att.net said:
>
> > Maybe in high end stuff.  My son's school required him(us) to
> > by one of their laptops (through the school).  $2200 and
> > it's a piece of s**t.  My HP zv6131 runs rings around it
> > for half the price.  Even my 3GX doesn't suck as much. :)
>
> That's interesting, because when I helped manage a fleet of laptops, the
> IBMs were among the most reliable.
>
> Is this one of the new laptops made in China? Maybe that company--
> Lenova or something?--isn't doing a good job.
>

> --
> shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["We are all of us in the gutter, some of us
> looking at the stars." -- Oscar Wilde]

The way that can be named is not the Way.