[geeks] Can I netboot a SPARCclassic from Win95 box?

Arno Kletzander Arno_1983 at gmx.de
Tue Nov 8 04:21:09 CST 2005

Hello everybody!

We already had this thread some months ago and it was declared that the
problem was the unavailability of a machine capable of answering RARP
requests on my network.

I couldn't find a server that would easily integrate into the environment
I'm used to, but while starting to explore the possibilites of the ok
prompt, I began asking myself if one could set the IP address by means of a
Forth script (depositing values to simulate a successful RARP request), then
directly execute the second stage of the netboot code which uses TFTP (for
which I already have a server) to suck a boot image.

Is anybody familiar enough with Sun4 firmware - if sources are available at
all - to at least give me some pointers on how this could be accomplished?

Thanks in advance! Yours sincerely

--
Arno Kletzander
Stud. Hilfskraft Informatik Sammlung Erlangen

Highspeed-Freiheit. Bei GMX superg|nstig, z.B. GMX DSL_Cityflat,
DSL-Flatrate f|r nur 4,99 Euro/Monat*  http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl