[geeks] Finally! A USB "Model M"

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Nov 5 16:49:49 CST 2005

Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> Unicomp has a USB version of their EnduraPro keyboard that will start
> shipping this month:
>
>     http://www.pckeyboard.com/ep104.html

It doesn't say it uses buckling-spring technology, and the shape of it
is horrible.

It does weigh 3.6 pounds, so at least it is heavier.

> Pity that it's not yet available with the Correct Key Layout.  I'll
> probably get one in any case and just use xmodmap.

No Model M I ever had used the correct key layout either.

Pity too, since I rather it didn't have the "double-shelf" capslock.
Sometimes my pinky dives into the "hole" there and it is annoying.