[geeks] Finally! A USB "Model M"

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 18:10:57 CST 2005

On 11/3/05, Jonathan C. Patschke <jp at celestrion.net> wrote:
> Unicomp has a USB version of their EnduraPro keyboard that will start
> shipping this month:
>
>     http://www.pckeyboard.com/ep104.html
>
> Pity that it's not yet available with the Correct Key Layout.  I'll
> probably get one in any case and just use xmodmap.

The Matthias TactilePro uses the same key switches and is USB.
I believe you can find it for around $20 less than that.  Caveat: it's
white, and designed for Macs, so it still doesn't have the "Correct
Key Layout", but it does have the advantage of the USB power
button, has the Mac eject key, and has a smaller footprint than the
one your url points to.

Froogle search:
http://tinyurl.com/9u5lg

=Nadine=