[geeks] Home Wiring - thoughts?

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Sun May 15 21:50:01 CDT 2005

On Fri, 13 May 2005, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> > I have frequently drooled over wiring available at many home supply
> > centers.  It has 2 RG6, 2 CAT5, and two pieces of fibre wrapped
> > in a single tough sheath and is under $1 a foot.
[snip]

> Interesting - I'll have to look into that...
>
> We're talking Home Depot/Lowe's - right?

Yep.  The stuff I saw had a bright orange sheath and was
obviously pretty thick.  You can't miss it.

There are also a couple of systems that multiplex multiple
signal types (line level audio in/out, video in/out, phone,
etc) onto a single piece of RG6, but the cost is significantly
higher per room.

-DanD

# "Qui rides? Mutato nomine de te fabula narratur." (Who are you to laugh?
#  Change the name, and the story is told of you.)   -Horace