[geeks] So I got my CycleQuad up tonight...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun May 15 19:29:30 CDT 2005

>From: Kris Kirby <kris at catonic.net>
>Date: Sat May 14 18:51:43 CDT 2005
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] So I got my CycleQuad up tonight...

>On Fri, 13 May 2005, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> Yes, 4x320 MHz CPUs - I suspect the jumpers are not set properly for 300
>> Mhz CPUs, but for now, this machine is the shiz-nit... It goes to eleven
>> ;^)
>
>Is it OMGOPTIMIZED?

Is that OS or HW?

I found some nice info on the GFX 8P from Techsource I put in this box - it
has a nice "wizard" for selecting screen resolution/refresh/color depth... It
supports up to 1600x(something huge) at 256 colors, 1280x1024 at 24 bit ;^) It
was one of those WTF buys on eBay that worked out well.

If I ever have the need (and the cash), it's nice to know I can put some
faster CPUs in this box (up to 450 MHz, 4 MB cache, IIRC).