[geeks] Oh for the love of Steve (Jobs, that is)...

Atom rescue at port11.net
Mon May 9 11:04:55 CDT 2005

velociraptor wrote:

>On 5/9/05, Atom <rescue at port11.net> wrote:
>

>>Agree on that. I have a IIci sitting under my desk that I am trying to
>>

>locate a keyboard for.
>
>If no one on geeks/rescue can help, post a WTB: ADB keyboard email
>on the lowendmac mailing list--you can probably get anything you want
>for shipping + a couple of bucks.  I have some, but they are in the storage
>locker in Cali. :-/

I should have a keyboard somewhere at our house. After spring clean so
much stuff has moved too so probably gonna take a bit to dig it out.

>>Do you know maybe by any chance what this card is. It's from beginning to
>>

>end and
>

>>has a large d-sub connector (db50 maybe?) on it. I can take a picture
>>

>tonight of
>

>>the machine.
>>

>Might be SCSI or maybe a DSP farm card, some of them have d-subs
>on 'em.  Any other connectors on it?  Anything written on the card and
>or any of the major chips?  Google is your friend here as with all things.
>Any idea where the box came from? That's another good clue as to it's
>previous use.

All I saw was a big apple logo. I tend to think it's a scsi card. Will
check it out tonight.
I got the machine to boot up all fine last night but with no input = no
fun :-)

Looks like the machine was used in an office environment cause it was
complaining about not being able to connect to a "microsoft mailserver"
creepy

-- atom