[geeks] Mail relay

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 18 06:58:09 CDT 2005

>From: Patrick Giagnocavo 717-201-3366 <patrick at zill.net>
>Date: Sun Jul 17 19:54:57 CDT 2005
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Mail relay

>On Sun, 2005-07-17 at 16:47, Bryan Fullerton wrote:
>> On 7/17/05, Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net> wrote:
>> > 3.  Consequently, we're on a dynamic-IP RBL.  Even Verizon's own
>> > mailservers won't accept mail from our mailserver.
>>
>> They use an RBL to block their own customers!?
>
>Hey a lot of spam comes from Verizon-owned IPs... makes sense to me.
>
>If you are in a market where you have a choice, and you choose VZ ... you are clueless and thus should not be near a computer.

Verizon DSL served me well for about 7 years - I can count my service interruptions for that period on one hand (not including stuck linksys routers - happened about 8-10 times in same period).

Telcos know uptime, Cable Companies know billing. (Comcast chages me $4.65/mo for my digital cable box, and another $0.15/mo for the remote)...

Just one data point, YMMV... (obviously)