[geeks] SGI Sadness

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 13:59:36 CDT 2005

On 7/11/05, Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 01:54:54PM -0500, Brian Dunbar wrote:
> > velociraptor wrote:

> > > Like all the low-number badge-holders who thought SGI owed them
> > > something and sat around collecting fat salaries doing nothing.  And
> > > keeping "C" staff around who did completely inappropriate things like
> > > dvr'ing themselves (using company equipment, to boot)
> >
> > dvr'ing ?  What's that?
>
> Well the context of that acronym feels a bit strange, but I suppose it
> fits.  I read it as Digital Video Recording.  Maybe the C* used O2s at
> the time?  Or Octane SE+TRAMs w/ FC-AL and EVO cards?  Well, we can hope
> that's how they did it.  Using a USB cam on a wintel book to record the
> incident would just make it all the more depressing.

Sorry, perhaps DVR'ing with capitals would have been better?

I find it amusing that you are speculating on what method the C* guy
used to record himself.  I'm not sure if he used a DV cam and put it
on his computer or used direct connected hardware.  All things
considered I doubt he had a high enough clue ratio to do the latter.

=Nadine=