[geeks] GPS antenna connector question

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Jul 11 18:55:36 CDT 2005

Anybody here familiar with various forms of GPS antenna connectors?

A few years back, I bought an automotive-surplus Trimble SVeeSix-CM3
GPS unit from bgmicro.com.  I then had our very own Dave McGuire wire
me up an enclosure, power supply, and RS232 interface as specified in
this document:

http://www.mrbill.net/gps/BGM_SV6.pdf

The end result looks like this:

http://www.mrbill.net/gps/gps.jpg

The "stubby" antenna in the middle is the one that shipped with
the SV6-CM3.  The antenna going off to the right is one that Dave
sent me back with the unit.  Unfortunately, I've since lost the
little "pigtail" that lets me connect the antenna connector on
the right to the GPS antenna connector coming out of the enclosure.

Anybody know exactly what these connectors are called, so I can figure
out what kind of cable I need to order?

Bill

--
bill bradford