[geeks] Ultra 20 thoughts

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Jul 6 08:52:10 CDT 2005

>From: Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
>Date: Tue Jul 05 19:20:27 CDT 2005
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Ultra 20 thoughts

>I'm thinking that 95% of systems ordered are built-on-demand, but for
>configs that are a weekly special they may have a few pre-built to the
>various order options and sitting there "ready to go" - I can't imagine
>that they built, tested, and shipped this box in < 12 hours.

I've had systems from Dell ship within 24 hours of order, from Delaware (IIRC, an east cost location at any rate).

Dell laptops are built out of country, and shipped without some of the parts to USA, where "final" assembly is performed. My thinking was that some low-end boxes are built in a similar fashion...