[geeks] Re: APC MasterSwitch alternatives

Bertrand HUTIN bhutin at yahoo.fr
Mon Jan 17 06:28:32 CST 2005

I'm currently looking for a way to shutdown more than one computer
using the APC PbeAgent.
I have found a way to shutdown a Windows 2K box from a Linux one, using
 the Windows PbeAgent and the telnet server, but I also have a small
HDS
disk array to shutdown.
 This box has an APC input connector, i am thinking of simulating the
APC using a serial connection to the linux box. Or maybe simply create
a  Y cable, one end to the linux box, the other to the disk array.

I'm looking for informations about the computer to Apc handshake.

Dicouvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 250 Mo d'espace de stockage pour vos mails !
Criez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.mail.yahoo.com/