[geeks] gmail attachment blocking

David Cummings real.psyence at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 00:36:11 CST 2005

I figured since there's a few people using Gmail(thanks) on the list
here, I'd ask a question about it. It seems attachments(including
archives) are scanned for executables(1) and thereby rejected. Does
anybody know how it does this? most people think it's by filename
extension, but I'm not sure. Today I tried to send a .zip file
containing files from pro/engineer, a cad program, and it balked. the
only thing I could think of was an assembly file, .asm, which is an
assembly of parts, not actual assembly. I changed the extension to no
avail. In ascii there's a bunch of 'asm' strings in the .zip, but
that's awfully vague to be blocking. Any clues?
-Dave
--
The way that can be named is not the way.