[geeks] televisions...

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Wed Jan 5 11:32:56 CST 2005

That exactly what's in my bedroom for the past year.
Phillips DVD Recorder doing the tuning, feed to a rackable Sony
20" monitor and an Alesis RA-100 rackable amp going to a couple
of JBLs.

Works great but no remote control volume.

/KRM

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 00:40:51 -0500
Thomas Gallaway <rescue at port11.net> wrote:

> Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>
> >A little different topic for geeks: analog televisions.
> >
> >I'm trying, mostly in vain, to find a decent 20 inch analog
> >television.
> >

> I personally use a 19" rack mount sony tv monitor as my TV.
> Have it hooked up to a DVD/VCR for the tuner part. The audio I
> have hooked up to external speakers with subwoofer.
>
> The monitor is great. It's just a perfect block. Has no vent
> holes on top or the sides so you put it pretty much everywhere
> you want.
>
> It only has 2 inputs. S-Video and Composite. But that's enough
> for me. I use the monitor for video editing too. The picture is
> really nice and clear. Oh and I got it off epay for $100isch.
>
> -- Thomas

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."
keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/