[geeks] Recommendations on an Ethernet Switch?

Micah R Ledbetter vlack-lists at vlack.com
Wed Jan 5 01:59:36 CST 2005

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 1:18:30 +0000
Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net> wrote:

> 24 port 10/100 Netgear switch (rack mount ears!) $79 After Rebate:
> http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=294497&pfp=010205sale

Looks awesome... but after my experience with bargain switches, hubs, and routers, I'm sort of afraid to buy them anymore. Does anyone have an opinion of Netgear stuff? I've heard even "big" companies like Dell make crappy networking equipment. I know that in my personal experience, no-name networking equipment and SOHO equipment from name brands seem to have some stupid issue (needs to be powercycled all the time, won't remember settings, crappy throughput, whatever).