[geeks] Carbon nanotube buckytape

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Wed Aug 24 16:22:12 CDT 2005

> Actually, the continued failure to find any evidence for the Higgs boson
> has led to it becoming somewhat discredited.
<snip>
 More like unproven.  But, then again, theoritical physics has pretty
much out-distanced experiemntal physics.

> The up-and-coming theory
> for the basis of both inertial and gravitational mass is that mass is a
> side-effect of imbalances in the quantum foam (aka quantum vacuum, aka
> zero-point field).
>
> This is actually a Really Interesting Theory, as if it's correct, then
> if we can learn to manipulate the quantum foam, it should be possible to
> develop -- among other things -- antigravity, artificial gravity,
> reactionless thrusters, and possibly even an inertialess stardrive.

Unfortunately, there are a few pseudoscientists who like to play with
quantum foam theory (ie extraction of zero point field energy).  I'll
wait until there is some evidence for this theory.  It may work in the
math but does it actually work in the universe? :)

Bob