[geeks] Carbon nanotube buckytape

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Wed Aug 24 16:09:19 CDT 2005

wa2egp at att.net wrote:
> From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>>Granted, it rolls over the "medium", but the point is the difference
>>being illustrated is that it is more efficient if you don't store a
>>medium on board, but rather use one external to you.
>
> Ah, but that was my point.  The less fuel you carry, the less fuel you
> consume to move the fuel.  We're gonna be stuck with that unless we can
> figure out how to remove the Higg's bosons. :)

Actually, the continued failure to find any evidence for the Higgs boson
has led to it becoming somewhat discredited.  The up-and-coming theory
for the basis of both inertial and gravitational mass is that mass is a
side-effect of imbalances in the quantum foam (aka quantum vacuum, aka
zero-point field).

This is actually a Really Interesting Theory, as if it's correct, then
if we can learn to manipulate the quantum foam, it should be possible to
develop -- among other things -- antigravity, artificial gravity,
reactionless thrusters, and possibly even an inertialess stardrive.

 Phil Stracchino       phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518