[geeks] web meta-command(er)s

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Thu Aug 18 13:00:15 CDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 01:36:19PM -0400, Jeff Cole wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 09:49:38PM -0400, velociraptor wrote:
>> two really cool things, one for your browser and one for the
>> hard-core CLI folks in your life:
>
> Or those of us still trying to get Xorg and Gentoo to play nice on a
> Sunblade thereby only having text access at the moment... :p

Just installed NetBSD on my SunBlade, running headless, cuz Sparcs
aparenly don't detect the keyboard if it's connected through a HUB,
which is what I basically have with my USB KVM box.

>> Bring web searching, etc. to your CLI without having to
>> navigate through lynx/links/w3m:
>>
>> http://surfraw.sourceforge.net/
>
> That's pretty damned cool and exceedingly handy

Yeah, it is nice, first found it a couple of years ago, I think maybe
mentioned here, maybe mentioned in one of the NetBSD lists.  It's also
in NetBSD pkgsrc and FreeBSD ports

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org