[geeks] Opinions on SGI stock?

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Tue Apr 26 15:56:36 CDT 2005

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 14:18:09 -0400
"James Fogg" <James at jdfogg.com> wrote:

> > How many companies sell servers that are as scaleable ? Not
> > many; if any.
> Think about how scalable the *supported* Linux-on-mainframe systems
> are from IBM.
The IBM mainframes are a completely different kind of beast. They are
good in moving big amounts of data and providing hundreds to thousands
of vitual machines. Altix machines are good in providing hundreds to
thousands CPUs to a single machine. Altixen are more number crunchers,
with an _insane_ amount of aggregate I/O and memory bandwith.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen