[geeks] Opinions on SGI stock?

Nathan Raymond nate at portents.com
Tue Apr 26 11:30:49 CDT 2005

Hey everyone, my grandfather recently asked me about SGI, apparently he
has some money invested in the company and in the last week the stock
dipped below $1 and of course if it stays below $1 they will get delisted
from the stock exchange.  I don't invest in stocks, and haven't been
following SGI closely, but from what I do know about them these days,
they're not doing too well and have quite a bit of competition in the
markets they are in.  He wants to know whether to pull his money out now
(he'd lose a bit compared to when he invested), or to wait.  Anyone have
any opinions?  I would imagine that SGI has quite a bit of intellectual
property that might make them more valuable than the market considers
them, but again, I don't know, and don't know exactly where to go looking
in terms of helping him research this stuff (before he retired he worked
for Raytheon almost his whole life, but he doesn't understand computer
technology too well).

- Nate