[geeks] my head just went explodey

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Tue Apr 5 03:35:33 CDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 12:32:50AM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Consider that Sun can't even make up its mind, and even fairly
> recently I've seen Sun reps using terms like "SunOS 5.x" and 2.x in
> presentations.

"SunOS 5.x" is a perfectly valid term.
$ uname -a
SunOS docbert 5.10 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60

> Further, a lot of our resumes are edited after we submit them, which
> makes some things you see out of our control.
>
> I've even wondered if maybe our resumes should not have a copyright page
> which explicitely forbids modification.

I've never given out my resume to anyone in any format other than as a
non-editable PDF, and (for recruiters) with a cover letter saying that
they may not modify it in any way and that they should contact me if they
want a modifed version (and generally they ask for a version without
name/contact details).

  Scott.