[geeks] Special skills draft?

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at mail.zill.net
Fri Sep 24 08:40:32 CDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 11:45:07AM +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:
>
> If you are refereing to Gov Schwaztenegger (sp?) then IMHO you should
> look at the man, not his father. He is by no means a NAZI. He certainly
> is not against Jews or Israel.
>
> If anything he is far more against the bad things the NAZIs were for
> than most repubilcans.

Just to be clear, the party you are referring to is the same
Republican party that:

1.  ended slavery of blacks in the US, which southern Democrats
vehemently supported

1a. and paid the political price as it was not until the 1990s (140
years after the Civil War) that Republicans started to be elected in
many of the Southern states

2.  passed the 1964 Civil Rights Act over the opposition of Democrats
(Al Gore's father, a senator, voted against it, for instance)

3.  does not have a First Lady that called one of her political
advisors a "F***ing Jew B*stard" (that was Hillary Clinton)

4.  generally opposes laws that would make private gun ownership
illegal, unlike Nazi Germany's strict gun registration (later used to
disarm the populace)

5.  generally opposes Planned Parenthood, whose founder believed in
eugenics and felt abortion was necessary in America to have a "cleaner
race" (sound familiar?)

To me, one of the saddest things about American politics is how the
Repubs often stand up for the right things (support of Israel, civil
rights issues, less govt interference in your life) and yet still get
demonized with the "sort of like Nazis" label.

Meanwhile Democrats support Palestinian suicide bombers, tried to
defend a monstrous dictator like Saddam Hussein (who gave those
bombers' families checks of up to $25,000 for their "martyrdom"), hate
private ownership of guns, etc. yet they are always portrayed in the
media as being "more compassionate".

--Patrick