[geeks] Special skills draft?

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Sep 23 21:58:45 CDT 2004

Thu, 23 Sep 2004 @ 11:01 -0400, Joshua Boyd said:

> On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 09:53:47AM -0500, Mike Parson wrote:
>
> > Right now, we've got an all volunteer military, and the volunteers are
> > coming in at such a rate that the draft is currently not needed.
>
> A man interviewed on the radio the other commented that they are coming
> in at such a rate that they are having to turn people away.

I wonder if they will raise their requirements for new recruits?

The military was complaining for awhile that it was having to accept
people it didn't want to accept, because they were not getting enough
people.

Is there any data out yet that would indicate if this increase in
volunteers is due to the poor job market?

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The strength of the Constitution lies
entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it.  Only if every