[geeks] Special skills draft?

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Wed Sep 22 19:14:43 CDT 2004

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, Dan Sikorski wrote:
> Why should you go to fight, and potentially die for a cause you don't
> believe in?  If your love and commitment to your country is less
> important to you than your desire to avoid fighting a war, then the
> obvious course of action is to leave.  It's not lame if you are
> following your own beliefs.

Take into account that Congress also didn't believe in it enough
to declare war and that draft age was 18 while voting age was still
21 and I think that may have had something to do with it as well.

-DanD

# Suppose you were an idiot.  And suppose you were a member of
# Congress.  But I repeat myself. -- Mark Twain