[geeks] Carly Fiorina to enter politics? This nation is doomed...

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed Sep 15 12:16:27 CDT 2004

" From: Mike Meredith <mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk>
"
" On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 22:26:29 -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
"
" > Also, wasn't SVR4 supposed to be a BSD/AT&T best-of-both-worlds OS?
"
" Well it had BSD-features, but so has every SVRelease ... after all
" that's where vi and curses come from.

i recall at&t publicly saying that sVr4 would support anything and
everything that bsd did, as well as all of sVr3.  and there was talk
of sVr5 being a clean-sheet kernel rewrite...

yes, there was always a lot of bsd code in sV.  i remember having to
recompile vi in sVr3 because we had to edit huge [then - >250k] files
and the sV-std flags didn't have vm turned on like the bsd-std flags.

this was [gulp] 15 years ago, in my first official sysadm job.