[geeks] Carly Fiorina to enter politics? This nation is doomed...

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Wed Sep 15 01:54:53 CDT 2004

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 19:46:30 -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> What about the UNIX releases from Bell Labs after V7?
> Were they released into the wild, or just internal use?

Pretty much internal use only I would have thought. In fact it seems it
was never put together as a distribution.

> Google has an email from Dave McIlroy announcing the manual was
> avaiable on 16 June 1990.

http://www.cs.bell-labs.com/10thEdMan/ has a few bits. Take a look at
the "Strange Pictures" ... seeing those took me straight back to an
afternoon spent in Foyles reading the manual. Would have bought it, but
I couldn't afford it and buying stuff in Foyles is a bit of a struggle.