[geeks] Carly Fiorina to enter politics? This nation is doomed...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Sep 13 22:28:23 CDT 2004

Mon, 13 Sep 2004 @ 09:03 +0200, Jochen Kunz said:

> On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 18:21:48 -0400
> Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
>
> > > Especially for low end stuff. I hope they are selling them with
> > > Slowlaris and not Linsux. An other company selling Linsux PeeCees is
> > > not what we need.
> >
> > True.
> >
> > However, I'm not sure a Solaris PeeCee is any better than a Linux
> > PeeCee.
> A Solaris PeeCee is better then a Linux PeeCee because Linux is not (the
> one and only) UNIX.

Neither is Solaris.

NetBSD is closer to being a "One and Only UNIX" than most anything else.

> More and more Linux is becoming a synonym for UNIX.
> I really dislike this tendency.

UNIX is an API, toolset, and a set of assumptions and even a few
codified rules.

It's not any one specific OS, and certainly not Solaris.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Meddle not in the affairs of Wizards, for
thou art crunchy, and taste good with ketchup." -- unknown]