[geeks] Carly Fiorina to enter politics? This nation is doomed...

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 17:49:59 CDT 2004

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 23:06:22 +0200, Joost van de Griek
<jvdg at sparcpark.net> wrote:
> I've been pondering another possibility (or rather: "possibility") lately:
> how about Apple buying SGI?
>
> Hmmm... OS X on NUMA G5's...

While that sounds yummy, IMHO, I don't think Apple
has the wherewithall to do the gutting of SGI that would
be necessary to cull the wheat from the chaff.

My take on it (hubby used to work at SGI in engineering
support) most of the brainpower of SGI is gone.  The
remaining chaff has been sitting around on it's laurels
collecting fat salaries b/c their employee ID numbers are
low.  The few on-the-ball people are the ones making sure
that folks like ILM and Pixar remain customers by giving
120% in the support department.

=Nadine=