[geeks] Digital VAXstation 3100

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Tue Sep 7 05:28:01 CDT 2004

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > > Right now its configuration is "sitting on the junkpile".
> > >
> > > Stupid unions...
> >
> > Tell them that it is hazardous waste (true) and they cannot dispose of
> > it normally.  But if you take it home and use it they don't have to
> > pay someone to haul it away.
>
> Yeah, but unions are like being in !@#%$ kindergarten.  Their take on
> this is that because not everyone can take home a computer, then no one
> should be able to.
>
> They recently threw away dozens of monitors and no one could take them
> home because it would "not be fair" to the other yard workers.
>
> They didn't even recycle.
>
> Note: I am NOT union, as I work in the DP shop.  But we are all subject
> to some of the rules.

Be careful they don't invade the DP shop. I've been told that some places
require electricians to make cables and run them... even CAT5. With
predictable results.... :-(

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <kris at nospam.catonic.net>  TGIFreeBSD IM: 'KrisBSD'
"BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!" - 1984-2004 - 20 yrs of Govt Surveillance