[geeks] Digital VAXstation 3100

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Sep 2 08:58:17 CDT 2004

Wed, 01 Sep 2004 @ 01:18 -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo said:

> > No idea.
> >
> > Right now its configuration is "sitting on the junkpile".
> >
> > Stupid unions...
>
> Tell them that it is hazardous waste (true) and they cannot dispose of
> it normally.  But if you take it home and use it they don't have to
> pay someone to haul it away.

Yeah, but unions are like being in !@#%$ kindergarten.  Their take on
this is that because not everyone can take home a computer, then no one
should be able to.

They recently threw away dozens of monitors and no one could take them
home because it would "not be fair" to the other yard workers.

They didn't even recycle.

Note: I am NOT union, as I work in the DP shop.  But we are all subject
to some of the rules.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Meddle not in the affairs of Wizards, for
thou art crunchy, and taste good with ketchup." -- unknown]