[geeks] E-Mail file xfers (nee Gmail's attraction)

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Sep 6 22:42:09 CDT 2004

Mon, 06 Sep 2004 @ 13:57 -0600, Dan Duncan said:

> On Mon, 6 Sep 2004, Nathaniel Grady wrote:
> > As much as I hate to fan the flames in what seems to be rapidly turning
> >   into a flame-fest,
>
> I don't think anyone is flaming anyone here, but I'll bow out
> of the thread.
>
> Clearly I'm imagining the SOP I've seen in several companies.

No one said you were imagining anything.

SOP in several companies I have worked for is Windows on the desktop and
outright lies in the accounting records.

SOP is often wrong, and it's damned frustrating how hard it is to even
make people understand.

I feel like every time one of us backs down from the right way, the
industry I grew up wanting to be a part of dies a little more.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The object of war is not to die for your
country but to make the other bastard die for his." -- General George S.