[geeks] just to stir things up, a few predictions

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Wed Oct 27 20:28:57 CDT 2004

Lionel Peterson wrote:

>I've had good luck with baggage in my limited exp. flying, and checking the bags only costs me about 20-30 minutes on the other end of my trip to pick up my bag. I always get a good laugh at the fellows that bring a rolling suitcase, a shoulder bag and laptop bag on the plane, nad try and balance their "SBARRO" pizza slice/baked car hood pizza on the plane ;^)

I try to not check baggage if i can avoid it.  It already costs me too
much time to get to the airport and check in, i don't like having yet
another thing to do.  That said, i'm quite capable of handling my
suitcase (which has wheels that i don't use, they make the bag less
manuverable, it's easier to hold it in my hand in front of me when i'm
going down an airplane aisle) and laptop bag while getting on to and off
of the airplane.  It's a great feeling to walk off of the plane, through
the airport and to ground transportation without any hassles or delays.
I'm out of the airport before most people have figured out where the
baggage claim is.  I feel it's far more convienent to handle my own
bags.  The only time i checked baggage recently is when i decided to
take my bowling balls with me.  That meant that i had three bags, and
had to check at least one.  Since i was already having to deal with
checking bags, i check my suitcase too, and just carried on the laptop bag.

    -Dan Sikorski