[geeks] just to stir things up, a few predictions

Matthew Braun geeks at leydenjar.com
Mon Oct 25 13:43:21 CDT 2004

> 2a.  It also helps to remember that the Constitution limits the govt's
> rights, not the rights of Americans.  That is the Constitution limits
> the governement in what they may do, not the people.

I think what might be subject to a lot of legal wrangling is "what
defines 'the people'" in the context of lawmaking. We do not make laws
personally; we have proxies in the form of our elected officials. So if
our congressman votes in favor of a law, is that not "the people"
passing the law? If so, then anything passed by congress meets the
requirements of the 10th amendment.

Or not?

--
"I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's;
I will not reason and compare: my business is to create."